Having trained with Charlotta Martinus (www.teenyoga.co.uk), Flexi-Fit is happy to provide TeenYoga sessions in Secondary Schools and Youth Groups. Sessions can run from 20 minutes up to 60 minutes (a 45/50 minute session is ideal) as a PE option, PSHE, lunchtime or after school club or specific Exam-time Stress relief sessions.
Flexi-Fit TeenYoga sessions allow students to relax and unwind, recharge their batteries and learn new skills. In the session students gain fitness and learn a mindful awareness of themselves and compassion for others and the world around them.
Each Flexi-Fit TeenYoga session is tailored to all students needs and abilities. Students do not need to have any passed experience of yoga or be fit or flexible to start, just simply be open to learn a new skill!
Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.
Who does Yoga appeal to?
Sporty People – Yoga strengthens and releases tension in specific areas
Non-Sporty People – Yoga is a gentle exercise, undemanding, increasing positive body image
Semi-Sporty People – Yoga helps increase stamina, strength and confidence in relation to their body
Boys – Particularly arm and hand balances, which challenges their growing upper body strength
Girls – Particularly relaxation and flexibility exercises, which tends to increase well-being
What is covered in a 6, 8 and 10 Week Course?
Flexi-Fit offers Yoga as part of the Enrichment Programme, PE Curriculum as well as after school or lunchtime clubs at YOUR SCHOOL.
6 week course:
- Sun Salutation (flexibility, cardiac and circulatory stimulation)
- 12 basic postures to stretch all major muscle groups in the body
- Basic breathing techniques
- Relaxation techniques
8 week course:
- As above plus:
- Visualisations for success and confidence
- Deeper relaxation techniques
- Specific stretches for specific sports
10 week course:
- As above plus:
- Meditation (to focus the mind and bring it to peace)
- Philosophy (understanding the workings of the mind and how to achieve joy)
Physical Benefits of TeenYoga
- Develops good posture
- Helps maintain natural flexibility
- Supports growing bodies and tones the body
- Stabilises core muscles and maintains joint mobility
- Supports the immune, respiratory, circulatory systems
- Prevents sports injury
- Improves co-ordination and balance
- Teaches the body how to relax
- Improves sleep
Health is wealth, peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way.
Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Benefits of Teen Yoga
- Builds a positive relationship with the body
- Improves concentration levels
- Improves anxiety through breathing techniques
- Releases day-to-day anxieties such as separation issues, bullying, lethargy and feelings of negativity
- Offers a space to release excess energy
- Brings clarity through relaxation techniques
- Gives experiences of stillness to the mind
- Improves memory retention
- Slows brain patterns, making information easier to absorb
- Creates a deeper sense of self and awareness
Sessions can be run in a school hall, gym or any area where there is enough clean floor space and students generally wear P.E. kit or yoga clothes they can change into. Flexi-Fit asks that the school provides the yoga mats for the students however Flexi-Fit can provide mats for a fee.
Ready to get started?
Contact Flexi-Fit for more information and a FREE Taster Session for your students and interested teachers.
Or if you’re a parent of a teen who has shown an interest in Yoga, do get in touch!